Happy (almost) 4th of July weekend! We’re here to make sure it goes out with a bang. Here are some places you can see fireworks in SWFL:
- Fort Myers Beach – This free show starts at approximately 9 P.M. at Times Square. If you wanted to come earlier, there are a bunch of other activities in the area to check out! The abundance of restaurants with possible live music makes it impossible to not enjoy yourself.
- Freedom Fest – Located in Downtown Fort Myers, this is a family-friendly patriotic event! It lasts from 6 P.M. to 10 P.M. There will be food trucks and vendors to keep you full while you wait for the show to begin. Fireworks will be shot off of Lofton Island on the Caloosahatchee River.
- Red, White & Tunes – This fundraiser event is being hosted by the LaBelle Downtown Revitalization Corporation at the Labelle Nature Park. The beautiful scenery provides the perfect opportunity to take a stroll before the fireworks start at dusk.
- Star-Spangled Bonita – This Bonita Springs celebration includes a Glow Parade with Golf Carts at 8:30 P.M. The theme for this year is “Be the Light.” You can even take part in the parade for free if you pre-register. Expect live music from 7 P.M. to 9 P.M. The night will end with laser light and a firework show beginning around dusk.
- Naples Pier – Bring your chairs or blankets for this firework show that can be seen all along Naples beach. It’s encouraged to walk, ride bicycles and get dropped off by a ride service as the parking available is minimum. The show starts at 9 P.M.
- Fourth Fest – Water slides and fireworks. What more could you ask for? This all-ages event is located in Punta Gorda. It’s $5 per person and $10 for unlimited use of waterslides. Gates open at 2 P.M. while the fireworks start at 9 P.M. The organizers say it will be the most spectacular display yet.
- Red, White and Boom – After taking 2020 off, this Cape Coral show is returning in full swing. The musically synchronized display starts at 9:30 P.M. Though the VIP tickets are sold out, admission is open to everyone.
Stay safe and we hope you have a blast!
*This story was written by Jaylin Delestre
Katherine Viloria is Beasley Media Group's Fort Myers Digital Content Manager. She loves to write, snap photos, and watch Grey's Anatomy. Connect with her on Instagram @alittlethisalittlekat